Thursday, February 1, 2007

Di-Pangkaraniwan

More encouragement to find your niche by doing what you know, by combining the unique variety of things that only you know as a singular indentity.

"All I was trying to do was make ends meet," Adams said.

Adams continued to pick up work - everything from organizing homes to conducting market analysis, mainly for entrepreneurs whose businesses were not large enough to take on employees.

She had been working for nearly a year when she came across a list of ideas for home-based businesses. Included on the list was "virtual assistant."

"I said, 'Hey that's me!'" I was jumping up and down in my seat when I saw that," Adams said.

Suddenly, Adams found she was in an industry, complete with its own Web site. That external validation made her realize she had begun a viable business.

Her sole proprietorship, Adams Enterprises, uses the varied skills she honed during nearly 20 years in the corporate world.

"That's the problem - my experience is so diverse, you can't market me in any one direction," Adams said. "I've been in everything and I've suffered every corporate circumstance."

From KnoxNews Business: Building a Business.
Going out on your own can be rough or rewarding, but many who have tried it say self-employment worth the risk.


An article that includes Catrina Adams, a reviewer on Amazon on the book, 'Common Sense Business: Starting, Operating, and Growing Your Small Business - In Any Economy' by Steve Gottry.

Do what you love and the rest will follow. Take all that you know and put it together. There you will find a unique service to create you own business from. This is because no one has lived life quite like you and so your knowledge and experience is unique to you and only you. This is true for every person on the planet ... including you. Follow this path and you will provide something to the world that only you can.

No comments: