Sunday, February 4, 2007

Take Care Who, What, Where You Share

This was a timely quote to come my way out of the blue. It seems too opportune to the moment to be coincidental. It comes as an answer to a question running through my mind.

"Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mum's. And never go to bed with a woman whose troubles are greater than your own."

- Nelson Algren

Found in the TTBOOK show titled 'Outsiders.'

I will not act immediately, but will keep the bit of advice in mind as I deal with the often confounding ways of folk. I am generous in sharing myself to others, but there's a point when people take advantage and take for granted. I can't allow that in order to take care of myself. That must be of primary importance, for it is something that no one else can be relied on, which I guess is how it should be, even must be.

Bee hive got its biting sting
But bark or bite it don't mean a thing
Just a Who-Suff'rin Sibo
High on tide
Sweat it out
Salaam, momb
The rough part of the ride

No comments: